Are you trying to please the Lord with the way you treat others? It is so easy to remain at peace and calm when other people give us what we expect, but how can we remain that way when they do something that still our joy?
Today’s tips will tell you how.
The Word of God tells us in Ephesians 4:26 “In your anger do not sin; Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.” There will be moments in life where we will feel angry with someone for something they have done to us. What we have to remember is that the Lord has given us dominion over our feelings. Although we might feel angry at the moment we can react calm and patiently towards other people.
Whether it is your husband, your kids, a co-worker or an estranger, the following tips will help you in the process:
- Put Jesus in front of them: When some aggravates you in any way, see Jesus before you see the person. I guarantee you will see them with different eyes. You wouldn’t treat Jesus the way you were planning to treat that person right? Ask yourself, what would Jesus do in this situation?
- Remember that this is not the end of the world: When someone does something that tries to still your joy, remember that there are more serious matters happening around the world. Put things in perspective and don’t sweet the small stuff.
- Don’t jump to conclusions too fast: Try to understand other’s intentions. Jumping to conclusions to fast can lead to misunderstandings. Try to put yourself on the other person’s shoes. Why are they behaving the way they are behaving? Why are they doing what they are doing? Imagine the pain they are going through. When people react in inappropriate ways most likely is because they have something that is buttering them on the inside. Understanding this will help you to move from anger to pity.
- Quite your internal voice: In moments where we start to feel aggravated, is when we need to lower our internal voice and raise what God is telling us to do at that moment. If you noticed that you are having a hard time lowering your internal voice and you are reacting poorly around people, it is time to evaluate your internal feelings. Why are you feeling the way you are feeling? Are you spending quality time with God? These questions will help you evaluate and understand the way you are feeling.
- Show compassion to those that annoy you most: Now that we understand that everyone reacts in a different way for different reasons, it is time to show compassion for others. The Word tells in Mathew 5:44 love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Compassion will help you achieve this commandment.
Reacting in a calm, peaceful and patient way towards others is a decision that only you can make. With practice you will get there.
To get more inspiration to life a Christian life style, make sure you check the other categories every week there are tips in all areas of life.
Make sure you share with all your friends so they can benefit with this as well. Don’t forget to subscribe and sign up to my VIP list where I’m preparing some special content for my VIP ladies!
Stay motivated to live the abundant life the Lord has designed for you and to become all He has created you to be! I dare you to dream and live big!
Let’s Stay in Touch: